Manager - Business Tax Services - Tax-Exempt (21260)
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including tax compliance, business restructuring, exemption strategies, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, we have a locally based national practice whereby our Tax-Exempt team members collaborate and support each other nationally, but team members are part of the local office. In Detroit, we have a large cross-functional health care practice with all functions, and a growing non-profit tax practice with 2 partners and directors and a broad client base of health care provider, health plan, private foundation, VEBA, and community based organizations, along with their related taxable and joint venture activities. We have Tax-Exempt tax specialists in multi-state and international tax in addition to federal tax and utilize tax technology specific for non-profit clients to help us serve them.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our broader Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services .
- 4+ years' experience in federal taxation with a strong emphasis on tax-exempt organizations (501(c)(3)s and 501(c)(4)s including a combination within health care providers, health plans, private foundations and other community organizations)
- Solid understanding and experience with federal tax compliance, tax analysis, and tax research
- Solid understanding with respect to mergers, acquisitions, and restructuring specific to tax-exempt organizations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other business-related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Strong management experience
- Strong analytical skills