US Firms Taxes-Management Development Program - Manager (24218)
- Issues connected with establishing the US-Mexico and US-Germany consulting joint ventures
- Research and planning for multiple global delivery centers established around the globe
- Overseeing and implementing various acquisitions and divestitures in our Advisory and Consulting practices
- Representing the US tax point of view for various Global-led initiatives such as Global Financial Services and CoRe Services, as well a member firm joint venture involving the provision of audit software to small accounting firms
- Determining the applicability of the 2017 tax reform law to the US Firms and implementing new procedures and processes to fully comply with its new requirements
- Research and implementation of opportunities for relief due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Creating policies and guidelines regarding the invoicing of products sold to clients
- Coordinating various studies which serve as support for the tax positions taken on returns, including cost seg studies, an R&D credit study, and an M&E deductibility study
- Conducting a strategic tax review to maximize deductibility of certain items in the calculation of taxable income
- Tracking changes in the multistate tax arena and implanting any necessary changes to processes and procedures
- Managing transfer pricing audits involving the US Firms' subsidiaries in India
- Overseeing the US Firms' program for vendor documentation, reporting, and withholding
- Restructuring of the network's captive insurance provider
- Tracking new international tax requirements such as DAC 6 and DSTs
- Advising client service teams on the tax aspects of working cross border, such as individual income tax and VATs
- Working with our Government and Public Sector practice on the unique tax issues, both domestic and international, associated with their business
- Analyzing potential worldwide exposures of the US Firms under the principles of ASC740-10 (formerly FIN 48)
The manager holding this position could work directly with any of PPMDs (the Chief Tax Officer, the International Tax Partner, and the Partner-in-Charge, US Firms Taxes), or the group's senior managers, depending upon the specific project, and could be asked to serve variously as project manager, research assistant, or both.
Specific responsibilities of this position:
- Managing projects as assigned, which may involve any subject matter, depending on the business.
- Preparing agendas and conducting periodic project status update meetings in which project progress and ideas under development are discussed.
- Researching various issues of US and foreign tax in domestic tax sources and tax treaties, and by communicating with foreign advisors.
- Working on the resolution of various tax questions with advisors and subject matter experts (including Washington National Tax) as necessary.
- Creating and implementing processes to accommodate various tax requirements
- Participating in transactions and issue resolution for the US Firms
- Serving as a resource for the US Firms Taxes group in Hermitage, advising on required filings resulting from transactions or activity of US Firms entities.
- Liaising on direct and indirect tax matters with non-US offices around the world
- Assisting PPMDs responsible for international activity in advising project partners of tax status in foreign countries, liaising with the US Firms Taxes group in Hyderabad to gather information to comply with foreign tax obligations, and managing foreign advisors to determine and report liabilities.
- Managing US Firms Taxes WBS codes and related budget.
Qualifications & Eligibility
- Excellent research and writing skills; strong project management capability; good business judgment; strong interpersonal skills to work with individuals around the world.
- A basic knowledge of management and financial accounting
- Background in international tax consulting or compliance or in partnership taxation would be a significant plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Experienced senior consultants through senior managers, who are ranked in the top 25% of their peer group, are eligible to participate in the program.
- These individuals will have demonstrated excellent leadership skills throughout their career within the Deloitte U.S. Firms and will have a local practice office partner who will sponsor them for such an opportunity.
About the Management Development Program (MDP)
The mission of the Management Development Program (MDP) is to place high-performing professionals (experienced senior consultants through senior managers) in challenging technical or operational assignments that will help them enrich their skills and develop a more complete understanding of the organization's mission, strategies, and resources, thereby significantly benefiting our clients, practice offices, and the organization.
While some assignments specify the appropriate level of experience desired, most assignments assume that participants will start an MDP assignment approximately one year after being promoted to manager. While this is the suggested timing, the program is very flexible, since the decision on when to participate needs to take into account the career development opportunities available to the participant in his or her practice office and his or her personal needs and obligations.
For more information on the MDP, please visit https://deloittenet.deloitte.com/PC/SC/programs/MDP/Pages/Home.aspx .
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.