Are you a leader and strategic thinker with extensive first-hand knowledge across multiple areas of taxation? Do you excel at delivering compliance and consulting services to individual clients and their trusts, estates, family offices, investment vehicles, charitable pursuits, and closely-held business concerns, while providing solutions to complex tax issues? Do you not only know what AGI & DNI are but actually get excited about them? If you answered "Yes!" to these questions, we need to talk about a career with Deloitte's growing Private Wealth practice!
What you'll do
As a Tax Manager in our Private Wealth Tax practice, you will perform high-level reviews of tax research of individual, fiduciary, partnership, closely-held corporations, estate, and gift work papers and tax returns, as well prepare and lead client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities and the tax implications of transactions to the client. Additionally, you will train, mentor, and supervise new and experienced Tax Consultants and Tax Seniors; you will begin taking on lead client-contact roles, and billing and profitability analysis, on engagements; and you will begin to be involved in marketplace eminence building and pursuits.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Private Wealth team focuses on the specialized needs of the ultra-affluent, including families with multigenerational wealth, entrepreneurs, family offices, and closely-held business owners. We provide comprehensive, independent, and objective wealth transfer planning advice, and help clients make more informed, strategic decisions relevant to their personal financial comfort, business and investment needs, family legacy, and charitable giving during their lifetime and through estate planning. Learn more about Deloitte Private Wealth Tax Services.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- 5+ years of public accounting experience (at least 3 years in investment management) or equivalent in law firms or industry
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Experience reviewing partnership and/or trust documents
- Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
- Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Previous Big 4, CPA firm experience or law firm experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent research and writing skills