Tax Manager, Business Tax Services - Tax Controversy Services (15408)
- Pre-examination audit readiness analysis
- Examination planning and representation
- IRS Appeals representation
- Drafting and negotiation of Private Letter Rulings and 9100 relief requests
- Drafting of tax opinions and memoranda
- Penalty abatement requests
- Litigation support
- Managing engagement profitability, billings to clients, and engagement team resources
- Assisting with drafting and presenting proposals to new and existing clients
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Federal Tax Controversy team provides dispute resolution services to clients with respect to all types of tax issues, including, for example, those involving transfer pricing, the section 41 research credit, and the section 48 investment tax credit. Our Federal Tax Controversy specialists serve clients ranging from Fortune 100 C-corporations to sophisticated private equity funds and individuals. Our team is committed to leveraging our research and advocacy expertise to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
- 4+ years' federal tax experience, including federal tax controversy experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Focus on corporate and partnership tax
- Travel up to 25%. (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD and/or LLM, Macc, or MBA
- Supervisory experience
- Previous law firm, IRS, Treasury, Big 4, or CPA firm experience
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid management experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you .
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte .
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world .