Tax Manager, Business Tax Services - Corporate Tax (18569)
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services and solutions relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services .
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled agent
- Strong management experience
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
- Solid understanding with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills