Retail Business Strategy/Transformation Manager (14673)
- Identify strategies for growth and value creation
- Develop the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic vision
- Maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and Cloud trends to architect future business strategies.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
Manager level responsibilities include:
- Providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- 6+ years of professional experience in a consulting or Consumer industry setting with demonstrable depth of knowledge
- 6+ years of experience working in the Consumer Products space (wholesale or distribution) and or retail industry (merchandisers, specialty apparel, footwear, large food or drug stores, big-box stores) corporate or retail environment.
- Experienced Strategist with commercial strategy, route-to-market knowledge, go-to-market strategy work, channel strategy, joint business planning and category management.
- Delivery experience with strategic planning, growth strategy and business transformation.
- Experience working with senior executives crafting and implementing strategies to transform a client's business.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Visa-Sponsorship - Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Working knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and training development tools.
- Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.