Manager, Learning and Development Design (30562)
- Bringing out the leader in every person.
- A holistic approach to development that emphasizes not just education, but also self-awareness, exposure to real-world problems, and connections to people.
- Positioning our people to help tackle some of the most complex issues in business, our communities, and society at large.
Work you'll do
Act as a learning and talent development manager on the Cross-Consulting Design team, working to develop cutting edge learning and development experiences for practitioners within Consulting.
- Lead the design, development, evaluation, and pilot of new learning programs.
- Proactively build knowledge of business strategy and understand the historical evolution of current curriculum and the key stakeholders involved.
- Conduct needs assessments with stakeholders, determine gaps in curriculum/programs, lead design efforts, and ensure quality delivery against the objectives aligned with the business.
- Develop and conduct ideation, design thinking, and/or feedback sessions with stakeholders and practitioners to ensure program design is appropriate for the intended audience and addresses business needs.
- Improve performance, drive business outcomes, and engage the modern learner by recommending appropriate delivery mechanisms (e.g., classroom, e-Learning, virtual classroom, performance support, blended learning) and leading-edge instructional design strategies based on defined learning outcomes.
- Implement and enhance our design process using strong project management skills, including workstream planning, milestone management, and escalating when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with and manage the expectations of multiple PPMD-level stakeholders by collecting/synthesizing feedback and reporting out program decisions.
- Manage resources (including vendors, associated contracts and SOWs) and design budgets to ensure the effective design and development of curriculum, programs, and processes.
- Actively partner with Consulting Development learning teammates within the Development COE and beyond (e.g., Program Management teams, Core Talent Services (CTS) delivery team, Learning Design Services (LDS).
- A minimum of 8 years of related instructional design/PMO experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong social and emotional intelligence
- Strong strategic-thinking skills with an ability to collaborate with team members on best practices
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus
- Significant program management experience in successfully planning, managing, and delivering multiple concurrent and complex work streams in a matrixed organization
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and insights in person, virtually, and in writing, succinctly and with impact
- Demonstrated executive presence and poise with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Sound leadership skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills and ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends
- Extensive instructional design project experience
- Proven success with blended learning solutions
- Advanced degree in instructional design, training and development, human resources development, or related field
- Experience working in a learning and development organization
- Prior consulting or professional services experience