Business Development Manager - C4ISR ( R-00057539 )
Leidos’ C4ISR Operation (C4ISR) is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to manage and grow the United States Air Force Modeling, Simulation and Training portfolio of programs.
The Business Development Manager will actively participate in the identification and development of new opportunities, managing program captures, proposals and strategic planning. The selected candidate will work with the C4ISR, and senior Leidos staff to execute program strategies and business plans, conduct program reviews and customer assessments, manage discretionary investment funds, and build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers.
The successful candidate will be a business development professional with experience in the Defense Industry, including experience working on full life cycle programs (programs of record experience desired). The primary focus is on Modeling & Simulation, including full life cycle systems development, sustainment and operations.
Duties include all phases of customer relationships, business development, and capture management with emphasis on identification, qualification, and capture phases. Individual will be an integral part of the C4ISR team, supporting proposal activities, marketing, communications, competitive analysis, and business development. Individual will also identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives. Individual will identify and qualify prospective teaming partners.
Required expertise includes: MS&T technologies and operations; and full life cycle operations and sustainment for the USAF, Army-Navy programs.
Develop and execute broad organizational strategic plans.
Identify and qualify business opportunities.
Work with line management and technical staff to develop programmatic and technology discriminators enabling successful program capture.
Work with the C4ISR team to develop and execute capture plans during all phases of business development.
Identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives.
Up to 25% travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12+ years’ relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS Clearance required.
- Extensive Industry or Department of Defense (DoD) experience working business development activities in support of Modeling and Simulation Program Experience and contacts within MS&T domain
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Business development experience with USAF, Navy, Army and International Partner Nations.
- Experience developing and managing marketing and bid and proposal budgets.
- Experience and comfort interfacing at all organization levels, to include executive/CEO.
- Knowledge and experience with program management, program planning and execution, and systems engineering.