Manager Software Development (2107642)
Manager Software Development - ( 2107642 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Manager Software Development is a hands-on leader of a team of 4-to-6 developers responsible for a series of mission-critical content transformation and validation services as part of our Core Content Program. The position demands someone who responds well to challenges, can communicate effectively with team members, will absorb and understand complex problems, and guide scalable, reliable solutions. As needed, this person will also need to be in the code, providing hands-on support for troubleshooting, debugging, and (on rare occasions) small coding tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads cross-functional offshore teams (including development staff, TPM, and QA) in the design and implementation of all team deliverables.
- Serves as the primary onshore technical resource in support of the application during US business hours. Will be able to provide hands-on support to as needed, and will be the technical expert in understanding the inner workings of the team’s services and tools and how they interface with other systems.
- Create solutions by partnering with architects and peer team leads responsible for other domains to understand how best to leverage existing capabilities and APIs.
- Works with product stakeholders to help decompose requirements into manageable stories and tasks for the offshore team and assist in the estimation of those stories
- Works with devOps teams to ensure CI/CD pipeline is streamlined and reliable -- also engages with DevOps teams to ensure scalability and availability are up to standards via monitoring/alerting, auto-scaling, and infrastructure-as-code practices are followed. Ensures that code adheres to strict standards for accessibility, security, object-oriented practices and performance
- Other duties as assigned Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● Expert knowledge required in the following areas:
o Communicate effectively with team members, peers and supervisors.
o Experience leading cross-functional offshore teams (including development staff, TPM, and QA) in the design and implementation of new software as well as maintains and enhances existing software
o Organize tasks and goals for the team, follow-up to ensure timely execution as needed.
o Experience with React.js (v16), HTML/CSS and REST
● Significant experience or knowledge required in the following areas:
o Microservice Architecture
o Unit Testing / Test Coverage
o Continuous Integration/Build Automation
o Agile development
o MySQL (or other relational SQL db experience)
o Serverless Architecture
o AWS Lambda
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / MIS or equivalent experience required. Minimum five (5) years experience in software engineering and design.
Note: We will consider remote candidates for this role.#LI-POST
Primary Location : US-NJ-Hoboken
Other Locations : US-NC-Durham
Work Locations :
US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River221 River Street
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jun 4, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2107642