Business Operations Manager ( R-00058279 )
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement to develop, operate, and maintain DHS IE applications and data sets on the Intelligence Community (IC) clouds, the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN), the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS), the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN, Secret), A-LAN (Sensitive but Unclassified [SBU]) network, and other networks, as needed.
The Business Operations Manager is responsible to do the following:
- Works with Program manager to provide programmatic oversight of geographically dispersed employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas, implementing industry best practices to meet contract requirements.
- Establishes milestones and ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies and manages risks and program problems and develops mitigations/solutions.
- Presents formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the government and corporate managers through oral and written communications.
- Collaborates with the Senior Program Manager to ensure the customers expectation are met and/or exceeded.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science (CS), Information Systems, Project Management, or related field and 12+ years of demonstrated experience in managing, tracking, analyzing, and reporting on financials, schedules, risks, deliverables, personnel, etc.
- Experience preparing, tracking, and reporting on schedules
- Experience managing and reporting on financial activities.
- Experience managing purchases, and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems.
- Experience in performing risk management.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization.
- PMP Certification
- DHS Experience