Sr Business Development Manager - Federal Civilian Markets ( R-00058448 )
Exploration & Mission Support (EMS) within the Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Sr. Business Development (BD) Manager.
The Business Development Manager is a key member of the senior BD leadership team for EMS. Position is based on the east coast (preferably in the D.C. area) and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed organization.
This position reports to the EMS Business Development Vice President and is an Operations Level Strategic position accountable for the execution and growth of current key/strategic Federal Civilian (FedCiv) customer accounts such as the Department of Commerce.
The Sr. Business Development Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence in delivery of full life cycle business development activities, including customer relationship management, account management, target identification, and development of capture strategies.
- This individual will be responsible for support in growing the EMS FedCiv portfolio to meet strategic objectives
- This individual will partner with the EMS Business Development Vice President to ensure effective identification and collaboration with counterparts across Leidos to ensure best of breed solutions are brought forward to customers and that EMS is appropriately represented for strategic, large-scale campaigns in the FedCiv market.
- This position advises the EMS Business Development Vice President on call plans for key customers and programs and provides additional leadership and expertise in other new business matters including: strategic planning, competitive intelligence and market analysis.
- Candidate will participate in senior line and business development pipeline-pursuit reviews to ensure solid value propositions, win strategies, call plans, etc., are completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience.
- Must have a demonstrated track-record of executing successful large-scale Business Development activities in federal government contracting work.
- Must have reputation for being able to build high performance teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have ten or more years of related recent experience with a track-record of closing deals with FedCiv customers.
- A demonstrated, sustained ability and reputation of winning complex captures with values over $100M is essential. Portfolio of submittals and awards should include experience in all types of government contracts (firm-fixed price, T&M, cost-plus, etc.) and full array of opportunity types (re-competes, new business, and takeaways).
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within the Corporation, Civil Group, and EMS and with customers, industry and subcontractors.
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.