Manager, Program Management (Business Operations) ( 570150-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking to add a member to our Business Operations team who is passionate about next generation technologies and who is excited to help integrate new organizations or merge existing ones into Verizon and NBI. You are responsible for helping to manage strategic integrations related to M&A, organic builds and ongoing systems integrations for accounting, billing, capital and sales operations systems and coordinating and planning with functional teams across Verizon to lead the execution of each integration effort on behalf of New Business Incubation. Further, this role will lead various projects and analysis related to systems integrations (financial and accounting systems, sales software, productivity tools, etc.)
- Support the progress of integration initiatives by facilitating frequent cross-functional collaboration sessions to address strategic topics, guide the discussion to ensure alignment, and coordinate action plans with clear ownership and deadlines.
- Manage relationships with cross functional teams, advocating for NBI and the newly acquired business.
- Coordinate with the appropriate SMEs for each tactical integration on behalf of NBI and the newly acquired business (ex. Finance, Sourcing).
- Represent NBI and Verizon with the newly acquired company, establishing rapport and trust while assisting with various aspects of the integration (gathering information, conducting discovery sessions, etc.)
- Craft detailed project plans, present business updates, track project progress, document risk and mitigation plans.
- Proactively anticipate and work towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement.
- Assist with ongoing operations of the newly acquired business and transition daily operations to NBI Business Operations when appropriate.
- Develop creative and agile solutions, using unconventional and conventional methods, to achieve common integration goals that satisfy all stakeholder’s needs.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Point, Smart Sheets and other program management software.
- Hands on project management approach with a proven track record of full project execution with a focus on integration, business solution and M&A activities.
- Experience handling confidential information appropriately.
Even better if you have:
- Six or more years in business operations, program management, or strategy.
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple projects and function effectively in a fluid, fast-moving and competitive business environment characterized by rapid change.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways.
- Comfortable working across all levels of an organization, leveraging organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex programs and drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships.
- Experience working with teams, both internal and external, that are outside of immediate area of responsibility.
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work with team members, peers and leadership to a common action.
- Ability to effectively influence and engage people, while working cross functionally and across multiple levels of leadership to drive results.
- Experience as a team player and leader who can effectively handle multiple priorities simultaneously, and maintain accountability for major business initiatives.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and innovations, marketing approaches, pricing strategies, business models and P&L management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.