Advisory Manager - Business Valuation Manager (15161)
- Financial reporting valuations for business combinations (i.e., a client's allocation of purchase price to assets and liabilities acquired), inclusive of enterprise values, intangible assets, legal entities, real estate, personal property and MACRS classifications.
- Valuation of goodwill and indefinite and long-lived asset impairment testing for financial reporting purposes.
- Valuation for tax purposes, including federal, state, local, international and personal tax, as well as services related to a client's allocation of purchase price for tax purposes only.
- Consultative services to assist clients with their business plan development, strategic investment decisions, or other financial objectives
- Assist with other financial reporting valuations such as derivative securities, debt instruments, and Employee Stock Option Plans
- Valuations for regulatory and compliance purposes
Working across industry sectors, from law firms to government agencies, we bring deep experience in valuing, modeling and analyzing business interests and their underlying assets, including real estate, fixed assets, intellectual property and complex financial instruments. We have a highly-specialized approach connected with a deep understanding of our clients businesses and markets, which enables us to provide insights related to the full spectrum of business transactions from mergers and acquisitions to litigation and disputes. This allows us to help our clients identify opportunities for growth and long-term advantage. Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Valuation practice .
- 5-7 years of business and intangible asset valuation consulting experience.
- In-depth understanding of generally accepted valuation approaches: cost, market and income approach
- Employment of various valuation methodologies such as discounted cash flow, guideline public company/ transaction, excess earnings, relief from royalty, with/without, comparative sales and replacement cost methods, capital asset pricing model, etc.
- Development of financial models to value common stock, business entities, and intangible assets
- Conducting in-depth client, economic, industry, and competitor research and statistical/ ratio analysis
- Preparation/ review of valuation reports, exhibits, letters, and other client deliverables
- Supervising, training/ developing staff on valuation and client requirements as well as assessing staff performance
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility for potential travel to client sites
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Fair Value experience
- Master's degree in Finance
- ASA or CFA