Business Development Manager ( 567290-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are honored that you are considering Visible, a Verzion company, as your next place of employment. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the U.S. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world, Visible offers unlimited messages, minutes, and data, on Verizon’s Network. Visible is designed to fundamentally change the way millions of consumers sign up for and manage their phone service.
Although headquartered in Denver, we have a permanent Work from Home Structure, and our team members work remotely
You will be supporting the business development and partnership management functions of Visible. You’ll report to the Senior Manager of Business Development and will be responsible for expanding key strategic initiatives through partnership development. You’ll be responsible for negotiating, implementing, and managing partnerships. You’ll take responsibility for the development and implementation of new sales channels at Visible by identifying, onboarding, and nurturing strategic partnerships.
- Identifying, developing and implementing new business opportunities, solutions, and go-to-market strategies to address market needs.
- Developing strategic relationships with external business partners, to build out our offerings and drive growth.
- Maintaining internal and external partner alignment and crafting commonalities to support platform and service integration.
- Encouraging solutions in new business pitches and demonstrations in the marketplace to expand awareness and build momentum.
- Developing business cases and executive presentations on key Visible projects.
- Cultivating strong relationships with equal level counterparts within strategic partners and managing and project/program managing day-to-day activities to drive key initiatives agreed by both parties.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Six or more years of combined experience in business development, partner management, account management, sales management and/or related roles.
- Verbal and communication skills with the ability to articulate company vision to internal teams and strategic partners.
- Experience forging partner relationships and agreements.
- Experience with the wireless industry or direct to consumer ecommerce.
- Experience working with teams, both internal and external, that are outside of immediate area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated capabilities in extrapolating business strategies, market sizing, and risk analysis with some guidance from management.
- High level of verbal and communication skills with ability to articulate company vision to internal teams and at times to strategic partners.
- High quality presentation and communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively, at all levels of management, throughout the organization.
- The ability to function effectively and drive desired results in a fluid, fast-moving, and competitive business environment characterized by rapid change.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $96,000 and $179,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.