Manager - Software Development/Delivery Lead (18841)
- Leads Agile team in using Agile development methodologies
- Develops computer applications software or specialized utility programs
- Analyzes user needs and transforms them into software solutions
- Designs databases within an application area, working individually, or coordinating database development as part of the Agile Development teams
- Embraces the Product Owner's vision and priorities
- Provides team mentorship
- Takes responsibility for delivery success
- Motivates and encourages the team as the team makes commitments to achieve business outcomes
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Digital Customer offering helps public sector and higher education clients transform their businesses and customer interactions through innovative digital experiences. We work with our clients to create, design and deploy digital products that increase adoption and drive measurable results.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of professional experience in engineering or software application development
- Minimum of 6-10 years building modern web applications in a professional environment
- Minimum of 6-10 years developing semantic HTML and CSS/SCSS
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Adept problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Up to 10% travel required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- At least 4 years experience with server-side languages (NodeJS, PHP, Python, Java, C#, etc.)
- At least 4 years experience maintaining database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale distributed applications
- Comfortable with version control, preferably Git
- Experience working with cloud provider (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Must be able to obtain Federal Government Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 10+ years related work experience.
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Decision-making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. May supervise others.
- Previous professional services or consulting experience
- Knowledge of techniques and methodologies around responsive design and development
- Experience creating native or hybrid mobile applications
- Background in user experience and/or design
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Involvement in open source projects
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.