Business Excellence Program Manager (R448946)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who we want-
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do-
You are a Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt responsible for the development and deployment of the Stryker Redmond Business Excellence model for continuous improvement. In this role you will, manage the implementation of the three foundational elements of Business Excellence, standard tools, training, and team development. You will teach and mentor team members and future Lean Black Belts and Green Belts in the use of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to achieve process improvements and waste elimination in all business functions. Required to actively manage, measure performance, and ensure successful completion of prioritized continuous improvement projects focused on site operational performance.
- Lead the execution of the Stryker Redmond Business Excellence annual and multi-year tactical deployment plans
- As a member of the GQO Leadership team, will be integral in the development and implementation of Redmond GQO strategy and culture.
- Works directly with internal process owners and project teams to develop scope, schedule and define resource plans for process improvement projects within their areas of responsibility.
- Serves as project leader to ensure initiation, progress, and on-time completion of kaizen, project and spot improvement deliverables, including workshop facilitation.
- Implements Lean techniques and Six Sigma methodologies during project execution to achieve defined project objectives.
- Actively participates in the development and continuous improvement of the Business Excellence body of knowledge.
- Leads the education, mentorship, and certification of Stryker Redmond Lean Green Belts.
- Leads and teaches the Business Excellence Basics curriculum to the general population of Stryker Redmond.
- Continuously strives for project success and proliferation of the Business Excellence approach to drive positive return to Stryker Redmon’s business operating system and strategic initiatives.
- Independently performs other related duties as required as assignment
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, engineering, or related field of study
- 10 years’ active deployment of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies in a manufacturing business environment
- 6 years’ experience managing a team in operations, business, or project/program management
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience teaching mentoring, and coaching Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and/or Green Belts.
- Experience using Minitab or other statistical and simulation software, and work requiring significant use of advanced tools in standard Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, PowerBI)
- Self-motivated capability to work independently with minimal to no supervision
- Professional presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent project and task management skills including prioritization and capability to drive actions to closure
- Capability to turn abstract concepts into tangible work product minimal to no supervision
- Ability to solve complex problems following established policies and procedures
- Organized, efficient and process oriented
- Positive interpersonal skills, and team approach
- Works well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Must possess the ability to lead, motivate, gain cooperation, and solicit involvement of others in a team environment
- Must be able to inspire co-workers and team members to embrace a problem to reach a positive solution in line with team/department/company goals and objectives
- Experience in medical device or other regulated environment
- Demonstrated track record of achievement
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com