Sr Business Development Manager - Health Growth Solutions ( R-00064215 )
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
Health Growth Solutions organization identifies, plans and matures innovative concepts, including emerging technology, to drive differentiation in our solutions and meaningful growth in the dynamic, rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
The Health Growth Solutions is looking for a Sr. Business Development Manager to support the organization’s growth. We are looking for energetic, customer-focused sales professionals who can convert customer requirements into differentiated solutions, delivering growth, pipeline maturity and go-to-market approaches to the organization.
- Engage with customers to identify new product offerings to meet emerging client needs
- Understand customers desired outcomes, translate these priorities into actionable plans and then drive execution of these plans with the customer
- Establish, manage and mature customer call plan and growth pipeline across portfolio
- Conduct frequent customer meetings to strengthen relationships, conduct gap analysis and continuous customer validation, understand usage and demonstrate the return on investment receiving from the Health Growth Solutions
- Manage relationships with strategic partners to drive joint opportunities
- Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive analysis and competitor strengths and weaknesses
- Collaborate with Federal BD and capture teams and commercial sales teams to develop win strategies for specific opportunities
- Develop materials to support customer meetings and gate reviews
- Lead RFI responses and white paper development; support proposal writing
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management
- Use Leidos’ CRM system to track opportunity through sales cycle, document meeting notes and forecast
- Develop and foster relationships with key strategic partners across healthcare industry
- Execute go-to-market strategy across portfolio including, but no limited to, market identification, customer engagement, marketing and sales enablement activities, pricing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business/marketing, engineering or computer science) and a minimum of 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Account management experience with forward looking approach and strong commitment to customer success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills to manage a high volume of customer interactions
- Entrepreneurial approach to business and willingness to learn, adapt and lead change
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Requires functional knowledge and efficiency of Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM systems
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities to support customer visits. Estimated up to 25% annually as required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Prior business development experience and relationships, particularly across Federal and/or non-Federal market space
- Connections, understanding of, and ability to navigate around Federal and non-Federal innovation organizations
- Strong financial acumen (understanding of backlog, factoring, book-to-bill, value analysis)
- Knowledge of software as a service, hospital operations and healthcare IT systems
- Familiarity with Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling and Salesforce