Senior Manager Business Tax Services
Do you enjoy building new client relationships to grow an already existing and successful federal tax practice? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by having the right people on your team to combine tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives, including for the additional business you bring in? We are looking for a sharp, analytical Federal Senior Tax Manager to join the Business Tax Services practice who is ready to assist in growing and maintaining the largest tax group within Deloitte.
What you'll do
As a Senior Tax Manager within the Business Tax Services group, you will identify effective tax solutions for new and existing clients in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career.
• Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
• Identifying client needs and leveraging Deloitte's range of services and extensive resources to meet those needs and cross sell among various lines of service.
• Acting as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including federal tax planning, accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
• Managing engagement profitability, billings to clients, and engagement team resources.
• Assisting with drafting and presenting proposals to new and existing clients.
• Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds and provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services and solutions relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services .
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
• 10+ years' experience in federal tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
• One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
o Licensed attorney
o Enrolled agent
• Proven ability to grow and manage a book of business, and a solid reputation as a subject matter expert within federal tax
• Solid management experience
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• No Sponsorship - Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
• Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
• Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
• Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
• Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Excellent presentation and communications skills