Program Manager for Navy Business and Financial - PEO UWS (33929)
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jump-start your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street with over 100 years of operating experience? Come join the team that’s helping maintain America’s submarines! Amentum wants a senior-level Financial Analyst with Passion, Purpose, Excellence and demonstrated skills in Budget and Financial Analysis to support a Navy submarine program office. The position will be located at the Washington Navy Yard.
You will be working with the Business and Financial Manager (BFM) in a PEO UWS acquisition Program Office in all aspects off the PPBE process, providing planning, analysis and support in budgeting, financial management and funds execution. Position requires senior-level interface with program management, business and financial management, acquisition, and engineering personnel in the Program Office and at Navy field activities and contractors as well as financial analysts in the Naval Sea Systems Command Comptroller’s office.
- Budget planning through defining budget year and Future Years Defense Plan requirements as input to Program Office's Program Objective Memorandum submission.
- Drafting budget exhibits for RDT&E,N and OP,N appropriations and the annual briefing to defend the President's Budget.
- Assisting with annual program/task planning using the NAVSEA Enterprise Planning System (NEPS).
- Maintaining program-unique financial databases and creating documents where a good level of skill with Microsoft Excel would be needed.
- Assisting in the preparation, review, analysis and maintenance of financial documents for RDT&E,N, OPN, and O&MN appropriations using the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Responding to data calls from the Front Office, NAVSEA and Navy Comptrollers, and Resource Sponsor as well as Congressional Requests for Information; providing financial input to presentations and program documents.
- May involve supervising, coordinating, providing leadership to and reviewing the work of assigned staff.
- Bachelors degree.
- 11+ years’ financial management experience with DOD acquisition / In-Service Programs.
- Experience preparing funding documents and queries in the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Power-Point, Outlook, Word)
- US Citizen
- Active SECRET security clearance.
- Financial management experience with Navy Programs preferred.
- Military service and submarine experience a plus.
- Willingness to go beyond financial aspects of funds execution to grasp technical aspects of tasking being funded.