New Business Integration Manager (101026)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
**New Business Integration Supervisor in Joplin, Mo.** Must be willing to work holidays and be on call 24/7. This a high pace, ever changing environment, must have solid leadership skills, able to adapt, and manage multiple time sensitive situations.
Supports the Sr Manager of Operations in pursuit of new business opportunities, identifies promising opportunities, and plans for and participates in sales calls, supports bid development and offer development processesKey Accountabilities
- Interface with developers, developer engineers/contractors, company engineers and operations associates and state/local regulatory bodies to ensure efficient installation of new water and wastewater projects.
- Research and develop growth opportunities for the company and coordination of those opportunities
- Knowledge of Engineering principles related to water and wastewatersystem design and construction.
- Knowledge of underground construction.
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicableregulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and management theories,practices, and trends.Basic budgeting and utility accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Construction or Environmental Engineering
- Preferred or equivalent work experience and high school diploma or GED required.
- At least four (4) years professional experience in the water/wastewater field with at least two (2) years concentration in utility or land development work preferred.
- Primarily limited to with Region. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Must be flexible.
- Varies by task; environment does include field work; driving and working outdoors
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.