Senior Manager - Business Tax Services - Investment Management - Private Equity (55560)
- Performing high-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax returns, and preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities and the tax implications of various transactions to the funds.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising Tax Consultants, Tax Seniors, and Tax Managers, and being heavily involved in the recruitment process.
- Being the lead client contact on engagements and the billing and profitability analysis of engagements, in addition to being heavily involved in marketplace eminence building and pursuits.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,800 partners, managers and staff, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, tax, enterprise risk, regulatory and consulting services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, investment partnerships, hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, and other money managers.
- 8+ years of public accounting experience (at least 6 years in investment management) or equivalent experience in law firms or a related industry
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of pursuing)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- A solid understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, key economic terms, and the tax compliance process related to investment partnerships
- In-depth knowledge of the taxation of portfolio investments, the international and multi-state tax issues concerning private equity funds, key economic terms, and the taxation of fund investors
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Experience managing remote teams