Business Operations Manager ( 577506-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Business Operations Manager/Chief of Staff, you will report to the Director PMO - Engineering & Industrialization (E&I), and work directly with the VP and Directors of E&I org for Artificial Intelligence. You will support the VP and E&I Leadership Team in Financial Management, Resource Management and Executive Presentations.
This position is part of the Artificial Intelligence & Data (AI&D) Organization, an exciting new center of excellence supporting all of Verizon, reporting into the Global Network & Technology team. Our Engineering and Industrialization (E&I) team will be a catalyst to Verizon’s future in creating personalized experiences that move the world forward through the power of Artificial Intelligence and Data. We will unleash the power of data and AI to drive our marketplace leadership through innovative solutions that create value for our customers, shareholders, V teamers, and society….responsibly.
- Financial Management/Planning across E&I org in capital planning, operational budgeting and forecasting.
- Resource Management including supporting the development of an organizational framework, managing contractors/vendors, onshore/offshore resource planning.
- Create dynamic executive presentations including supporting the development of the organizational narrative.
- Project manage executive readouts and key initiatives from the leadership team.
- Varied ad hoc projects that require coordination across the senior executive team.
- Provide strategic recommendations to Sr. leaders on key strategic business decisions.
- Support the AI&D business operations team.
- Develop streamlined processes to ensure success across the team and for additional business / channel partners.
- Partner with Finance, HR, Sourcing & Portfolio across the E&I organization to deliver on key initiatives and organizational direction.
- Drive the creation of business case for various initiatives across the teams.
- Create, support and identify engagement opportunities in the organization and outside of the organization to drive culture throughout the larger organization.
Where you’ll work:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy using new technologies to address business problems, improve processes and, report metrics. You thrive on the opportunity to encourage cross-functional teams and build an environment of constant innovation. You’re not afraid of deadlines, complexity, or competing priorities, and your flexible attitude means you’re happy to consider a variety of alternatives and course correct with ease.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing budgets and financial knowledge
- Previous Business Operations/Chief of Staff experience
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Exceptional skills creating executive level presentations.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Expert in communications - verbal and written.
- Strategic and analytical ability; skilled at collecting and analyzing data to make appropriate process/business decisions/recommendations.
- Self-starter that learns and adapts quickly to new systems, software and hardware.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict and bring about resolution.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize around a problem and engage various teams to solve the challenge.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.