Manager Business Development ( 582160-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon's Corporate Strategy's Business Development team identifies winning strategic opportunities and leads the development of an ecosystem to generate new revenue growth and profitability. As a key function, the team will drive market recommendations, strategic alignment and internal collaboration across Verizon with a focus on developing and growing the 5G and Edge Computing partnerships.
- Reporting to the Business Development Senior Manager focused on edge computing for enterprise deployments, the Business Development Manager.
- Driving new select opportunities across the partner ecosystem, project management of deals, and internal and external collaboration with key stakeholders to cultivate and drive deals to closure.
- Partnering with the business units on build, buy, partner, as well as driving and coordinating internal negotiation process between business units and external parties.
- Sharing the vision of Verizon 2.0.
What we’re looking for...
You are a self-starter, creative and innovative thinker. You are professionally polished with sound business acumen, deep financial knowledge, and excellent research and analytical skills. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you have an ability to communicate and present complex information in a way that people understand - whether verbal or written. You have experience in collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders to get results across multiple groups and functional teams. Organization and Project management skills are necessary due to the complexity of projects. You have strong analytical skills balanced with soft skills such as listening and observing while communicating in a meaningful way.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in finance, business or related discipline or MBA.
- Four or more years of experience in strategy, investment banking, consulting, M&A, partnerships, and/or business development.
- Three or more years of experience in telecommunication, media or technology industries.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including technical and business teams, to drive results and close deals.
- Experience managing large, complex, strategic partner relationships.
- Experience working in large matrixed environments including cross-functional collaboration with a diverse set of stakeholders to get results across multiple groups and disciplines throughout the organization.
- Leadership experience with a strong business acumen and knowledge of the technical market landscape.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, market analysis and creative thought leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).