Partner Manager – Strategic Partner Development ( 582945-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Strategic Partner Development team leads Verizon’s relationships with our most strategically important, complex, and multi-faceted partners. Sitting within Corporate Strategy, the team drives the internal development of a unified cross-enterprise strategic point of view, and external orchestration of executive partner engagements up to and including our C-suite. Our mission is to cultivate Verizon’s top strategic partnerships to identify and enable transformational new business opportunities that rely on and expand our ecosystem as we move into the 5G era.
Our team is growing as Verizon continues to focus on Strategic Partnerships as a key vector of growth. With the TMT ecosystem becoming ever more complex and competitive, it is more critical than ever that Verizon lead from the front.
- Engaging all elements of Verizon’s businesses that interface with these key partners.
- Collaborating with internal and partner stakeholders to understand where our businesses are going and to develop long-term roadmaps for growth.
- Managing Verizon’s executive relationships & touchpoints with our partners to align on strategic priorities and unlock sponsorship for deep collaboration and co-innovation.
- Driving consistent processes and governance to enhance strategic partner communication, decision making, and outcomes.
- Driving strategic partnership opportunities that leverage our core competencies as a global leader in Networking and Connectivity, and expand our revenue streams into new and exciting spaces.
What we’re looking for...
We are seeking a dynamic, curious, and versatile Partner Manager to join our team. In this role you will lead the development of our strategic roadmaps with several of Verizon’s Strategic Partners. You will manage the existing relationship, collaborate with internal and partner stakeholders on initiatives in the funnel, and identify net new opportunities for growth. You will work with a cross-functional team spanning Verizon’s multiple business units and corporate functions, becoming a valuable and unbiased broker of partner intelligence to the organization. Your ultimate goal will be to help Verizon and our senior executive team navigate our highly complex relationships with our partners, driving toward the best overall outcomes for the enterprise as a whole.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Experience building and delivering presentations to executive-level audiences and teams.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in partnership management, strategy, product and/or technology management.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Curiosity and passion for the Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector(s) and the potential for new opportunities as technologies evolve and emerge. A willingness to dive into new engagements and initiatives and continuously learn as much as possible.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking when presented with complex and ambiguous challenges.
- An eye for executive-level polish and meticulous attention to detail in all deliverables.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Proven cross-functional communication skills (verbal, written, visual) across multiple levels of a large, matrixed organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).