Senior Business Intelligence Manager ( 584722-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Platforms and Ecosystems Analytics team plays an important role in our digital transformation journey. We design and deliver processes, tools, and data insights that support strategic decision making and cross channel performance measurement. As a Senior Manager, you will lead a team of digital data and analytics professionals, design and develop automated, shareable digital data assets that empower our user community and enable the next gen digitalization capabilities.
- Lead and support delivery of the OMNI data ecosystem and analysis.
- Partner with cross functional leaders to define, design and align on a series of standardized and rationalized channel key metrics and measures.
- Provide insights and presentation to inform executive level decision making including ad hoc and special requests.
- Manage cross functional stakeholder relationships and build a analytics community of practice with business unit power users and practitioners.
- Maximize the team’s capabilities via innovation, automation and augmented self –service.
- Build and develop the team with a strong culture.
What we’re looking for...
You are a strong analytical leader with a deep understanding of how analytics work. You are curious about learning both technology and business, people trust and value your opinion. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You’re able to translate data into narratives, and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience to meet their needs. You execute on tactical plans with a big picture in mind. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in developing a strong team.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years or work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Hands-on development and analysis skills with Adobe.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Qlik.
- Working knowledge of data query, manipulation using SQL or related tools.
- Understand the concept of maintaining, and creating data schema involving multiple disparate data sources.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Seven or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience actively working in Business Intelligence, analytics or similar roles.
- A degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or in a related field; ideally an MBA.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations in visual platforms such as Google slides PowerPoint, Visio, excel.
- Strong leadership and proven record of stakeholder management and team building.
- Program/project management, leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Proficiency with data mining, modeling and analysis - ability to distill information into actionable strategic insights from complex data sets.
- Experience with advanced analytics via Minitab, Python, or R Studio.
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organization and presenting the collective work directly to an audience of Directors, VPs, and above.
- Ability to take loosely formed requirements and design robust analytical solutions.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to source new data to support performance of strategic projects/decisions.
- Comfortable speaking across various levels of leadership in order to convey complex ideas in an easy to understand way.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).