Senior Manager - Cloud Development and User Experience ( 584341-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Global Network and Technology group is looking for a Senior Manager of Cloud Development & User Experience to help shape and deliver on a strategy to enable broad use of public cloud core services across multiple public cloud solutions, integrated into existing Verizon business processes, and tools to provide public cloud capabilities to internal users.
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific software development and implementation projects.
- Delivering defined architectures.
- Developing a deep expertise in cloud technologies & the intersecting Verizon business processes, as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using public cloud platforms.
- Establishing the strategic vision for- and building solutions to- help simplify the public cloud experience at Verizon.
- Managing end-to -end planning and coordination of a cross functional, full-stack (DevOps) team responsible for developing the front-door to Verizon Public Cloud for internal consumption by Verizon development and operations teams.
- Workload planning, team development and performance management,
- Supporting process definition, cloud testing processes, and cloud hardware and software implementation.
- Providing suggestions and feedback regarding the overall cloud solution (existing and next-generation) including technology selected, processes implemented, and methods for deploying this infrastructure.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate at the Executive level. You are able to set clear goals, objectives and ability to provide clear direction to meet these goals.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Ten or more years of information systems experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Six or more years of experience leading Technical teams.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems.
- Understanding of multiple cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, GCP & OCI.
- Experience with Public cloud integration and enablement.
- Software development management experience (Java, Spring, React.JS).
- Experience with Git, Gitlab, and software development/deployment pipelines (CI/CD).
- Infrastructure automation and advanced knowledge of Ansible, Cloud Formation, Jenkins.
- Cloud Orchestration and Systems Management (AWS SSM, etc.) experience.
- Knowledge of OS Security, Identity, Access and Authorization Management.
- Experience in Cloud native service design and implementation.
- Networking concepts, ability to manage firewall, load balancers, DNS, proxy issues.
- Experience working with Agile Software Development and Full-Stack Product teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).