Business Strategy Manager ( 583552-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As an industry leader, Verizon is in the center of the ecosystem architecture for transforming the way government and education agencies deliver public services, national security, and lifelong learning through innovations in 5G, Edge Compute, and an array of technology enablement. We have a unique ability to develop next generation platforms, influence technology adoption, forge durable business partnerships, and define the playing field for the next wave of technology innovation. Within these evolving ecosystems, Verizon is uniquely positioned to capture new growth and value opportunities.
You will serve as internal consultant/advisor to the business unit and functional group leadership on a range of projects from definition and articulation of business strategy to design and execution of new growth opportunities. Within the Verizon Business Group Strategy team, you will role-model the new Verizon 2.0 way of working that builds on customer centricity, collaboration and innovation to drive positive change.
- Leading analysis and solution development of key business challenges to drive new growth and value opportunities across a swiftly dynamic and innovative business environment.
- Leveraging critical thinking and sharp problem solving skills (e.g., data-backed analysis, data science tools, valuation methods, hypothesis-driven approach, research and strategy frameworks) to support the design and execution of new solutions.
- Providing support and accelerated execution of strategic initiatives, working alongside leaders to ensure effective implementation, governance, communication and change management.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and business leaders on cross-functional growth initiatives, designing blueprints for new ways of working, and developing technology-focused customer growth models.
- Coaching junior members of the team to enhance their personal effectiveness and ability to make a positive impact.
- Contributing to a high-performing team of problem solvers from various disciplines who are committed to driving profitable growth and innovation that ensures customer success.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager. This role can be located in other valid Verizon locations.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Experience in corporate strategy, investment banking, equity research, or strategy consulting.
- Business knowledge in telecom, technology and corporate finance experience.
- Experience in a leadership role responsible for the design, development, and implementation of a strategic plan for an organization, company or business unit.
- Experience with developing investment roadmaps and execution plans representing cross-functional team efforts – pulling together information from a wide variety of sources quickly.
- Knowledge of working with structured, unstructured, and raw data to drive analysis.
- Experience with data processing and advanced data analytics tools including regression, predictive modeling, and other machine learning techniques.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways to senior leadership
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers and leadership while fostering strong working relationships.
- Competitive strategy formulation, scenario planning, forecasting experience.
- Deep telecommunication, technology, and/or B2B experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).