Business Intelligence Manager ( 588521-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our Verizon Corporate Finance Business Analytics Center of Excellence (BA CoE) is working to develop a scalable, agile analytics organization that drives innovation, enables self-service, and delivers shareholder value and strategic insights for our business partners through common analytics platforms and tools that create next generation capabilities. Our objectives include supporting the BA CoE's Digital Transformation Advanced Analytics initiatives, empowering clients through the use of advanced analytics, enhancing decision making and enabling insight-driven collaboration.
Our team is looking for a talented individual to support advanced analytics for the Consumer and Business teams. As a Business Intelligence Manager, you will be working on multiple advanced analytics projects to drive change among these teams. You will identify new product or process changes as part of the Go-to-Market/ WR work flow or Executive Request process. You will also help to envision, communicate, and facilitate deployment and execution of data and analytics work produced by the BA CoE, while collaborating with multiple Business and Finance teams across Verizon.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with business partners to drive volumes, revenue and profitability by supporting analytics needs.
- Manage front-end process to identify, develop and deliver Consumer product and program performance reporting. Identify new projects, gather and develop requirements, communicate expectations, manage development and delivery timelines with cross-functional team.
- Attend requirements and design meetings to understand business objectives and system impacts.
- Manage and evaluate new or change requirements across the Consumer portfolio; communicate objectives and impacts.
- Determine final requirements and level of effort for new development; document and submit requirements.
- Manage implementation and completion communications with BA CoE and Consumer teams.
- Collaborate across teams to determine appropriate data sources, develop data extraction and business rules to be used with visualization reporting tools.
- Evaluate existing processes and support development of digital solutions to reduce manual work, drive self-service while enhancing analytic capabilities.
- Share and incorporate best practices across Verizon using new and upcoming data management & analytics tools (e.g., PowerBI, ThoughtSpot, Alteryx, Knime, Tableau and Qlik).
- Analyze results, communicate findings and make recommendations to business partners and Executives.
- Translate numbers into compelling stories-and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. Understand and visualize data just the right way to share information and practical insights so that people can understand.
- Support or perform ad-hoc deep-dive analyses to understand results and opportunities.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Program management experience.
- Experience developing or implementing analytical solutions, data management, and data visualization.
- Experience with Teradata/ Oracle/ MS SQL Server and ability analyze data sets using SQL and experience in AI/Machine Learning.
- Experience preparing professional presentations and presenting to senior leaders.
- Experience with New Product Development Cycle including developing business requirements.
- Experience using MS Excel to develop analytical reports and/or models.
- Experience with Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Qlik, or similar digital analytics tools.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics/ Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, other relevant discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- A degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or MBA.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and problem solving skills; ability to organize, plan and develop solutions for complex issues.
- PMP or relevant Certification.
- Three or more years of data management, pattern recognition and visualization experience used to realize tangible and incremental financial gains and deploy strategic capabilities.
- Experience with Verizon Active Insight, ThoughtSpot (Search based Analytics tool), Alteryx/ Knime or comparable tool; ability to use/ program in SQL, VBA, Python, R or other related tools.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets leveraging Teradata, Oracle or any other database environments.
- Experience with Verizon Consumer and Mass Business Products and Services.
- Knowledge of data sources within Verizon data warehouses and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of Verizon Consumer Offers, Products, Systems and Processes.
- Knowledge of wireless (prepaid/postpaid) business.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Experience with Clarity.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there.
- Experience in process and requirements documentation.
- Experience working with cross functional teams to deliver results.
- Knowledge of how financial performance affects business strategy and objectives.
- Experience working with a group and meet strict delivery dates and milestones.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a simplified manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).