Manager - Business Intelligence ( 587014-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join Verizon as we continue to grow our industry-leading network to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) with the emergence of technologies like our outstanding 5G network and the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital through ground breaking technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a substantial role in our network transformation through building a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected.
As a business intelligence manager, you'll be working within a true big data environment, solving complex technical problems with the assistance of other subject-matter specialists, and partnering with other teams to drive Verizon's 2.0 initiatives. With your analytical, big data and reporting expertise, you will deliver business value through business intelligence reporting and analytics by driving insights to actions. You're able to present your insights with confidence, and have the leadership qualities to enable other teams to learn how to analyze the data. You’ll also connect various data locations to stage data before visualizations. The business insights and recommendations you provide will help to improve performance.
- Identifying business problems and developing analytic techniques to provide solutions to external teams.
- Driving multiple technical and data-related projects of varying scopes and complexities.
- Working with other business units within Verizon, vendors, and executives to represent and drive our organization's strategy.
- Using data visualization and other data-gathering methods to either provide internal strategic direction or guide decisions for other teams.
- Building reporting capabilities for detailed analysis.
- Analyzing historical operations data and market information to predict future outcomes, working at times with large and disparate data sets.
- Identifying areas for improvement, incorporating best-in-class and cutting-edge techniques, and designing new approaches and methodologies.
- Creating results visualizations for senior management that provide key business insights.
- Working in Tableau and with SQL.
What we’re looking for...
You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story. Crafting reports and dashboards is a fun afternoon for you. You’re able to translate numbers into compelling stories-—and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. You enjoy aligning various work streams to ensure the same vision and goal is achieved.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or in a related field; ideally an MBA.
- Leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Experience working with business intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Program management experience.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL or equivalent program.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentation creation.
- Experience with WAN IP protocols, Wireless technologies or Passive Optical Networking.
- Experience with carrier-grade router hardware (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Brocade).
- Business intelligence/visualization software experience (e.g. Tableau, Splunk, or Kibana).
- Data mining, preparation and modeling experience.
- Statistical analysis language experience.
- Data preparation tool experience.
- Communication and presentation skills.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).