Senior Manager - API Business & Enablement Strategy ( 590107-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a strategic leader of the API Business & Enablement teams, you will foster internal and external relationships with business partners. In doing so you will be responsible for helping them identify and harvest opportunities to expose their untapped data landscape through API’s. Once exposed you will be responsible for brokering conversations to connect B2B, B2C and B2B2C use cases that can benefit Verizon and major customers and developers around the world. In doing so, you will be enabling them within our marketplace thus exposing and monetizing our API’s and rich landscape of data. As a key communicator internally and externally you will be expected to bridge lines of communications and report back up to top management and executives.
Lead an Enterprise business and enablement team that owns end-to-end design and implementation of API exposure and business use cases
- Broker relationships across multiple internal lines of business and major external brands
- Assign top Solution Architects to work with customers for timely planning of API publication and subscription use
- Envision, evolve and communicate the business and enablement strategy and functionality
- Develop an API first strategy based on sound market, customer, and competitor insights
- Write well-articulated business use case requirements
- Gather and communicate business and customer requirements
- Interface with the API Platform, Portal and Security teams to assist in the evolution of our environments and practices
- Assist in building pathways to monetization of API’s through the rich use of our marketplace
Who You Are
- You’re an experienced technical business manager of who believes your success is measured by the success of your team which is ultimately measured by the success of your customers
- You have experience in identifying and selling B2B, B2C and B2B2C use cases to internal and external clients that will bridge the gap to business success
- You believe in providing useful abstractions, clear customer SLOs, and meaningful KPIs
- You’re confident in asking difficult questions and challenging your team and dependencies while being highly collaborative and open to input
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll Need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to grow business strategy teams
- Prior experience with securing platform, application, database and cloud infrastructure
- In depth knowledge of how API’s work and how they can assist in connecting data with business use cases to drive growth and innovation
- Consistent track record of shaping and executing a multi-year business strategy
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant discipline.
- Experience in large big data environments within large IT enterprise wide environments.
- Experience and knowledge in Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud computing environments
- Experience with Data security and Governance
- Experience with data architecture, modeling and integration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of mentoring and growing employees with varying levels of experience and skills
- Care deeply about building diverse teams
- Knowledge of API, Microservices, network and security architectures and design patterns.
- Experience with software development, software delivery lifecycle, application modernization, DevOps, Service/Infrastructure as Service and Operations
- Knowledge of SRE practices and principles to build resilient systems and to provide business continuity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).