Business Intelligence Manager ( 589219-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We’re looking for someone who can use data to craft strategy and solutions to join our team. You’ll analyze internal and external data to help identify and quantify opportunities, new products, forecast sales, and gain stakeholder alignment with cross functional teams. You will be working with multiple partners and balancing their needs to craft the direction of our offerings and enable the team to meet customer requirements.
- Evaluating and testing various alternative approaches and recommending the path forward.
- Performing advanced analytics, modeling and data mining to develop insights on our business.
- Monitoring performance and reporting ongoing and ad hoc metrics in reports, presentations, and dashboards targeted to the situation and audience.
- Developing executive level presentations to succinctly capture the highlights and ‘why’ the business should take action.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You believe that proven data should be behind every important decision. You are a numbers person but you also have a strategic approach and can communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. You bring both business perspective and an understanding of technology and the marketplace—and not just theory and numbers. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. People trust you based upon your thoughtful and detailed analyses. You are a self-starter who can manage multiple priorities, build financial models and project manage timelines.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product management, project management or technical consulting experience.
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field. Ideally, an MBA.
- Experience balancing the needs of multiple partners.
- Project management or analytics experience in the technology sector.
- iGrafix, process mapping software, Smart Sheets project management.
- Experience using PowerPoint, Excel, Google suite of software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).