Mergers and Acquisitions Manager (Business Development Manager) (2117598)
Mergers and Acquisitions Manager (Business Development Manager) (Job Number: 2117598 )
The Business Development Manager will provide leadership to the business development function and direct the activities of the Business Development Specialist(s) and Business Development Analyst(s). The Manager will provide analytical support to the business development activities including mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, and additional strategic alternatives. The Manager will lead the critical quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine the various financial aspects of potential investments, including synergy assessment, profitability analysis, and pro forma modeling utilizing various valuation methodologies and measurements (IRR, ROE, ROA, payback period, etc.). The Manager must be able to prepare and present financial summaries to Senior-level management and direct/coordinate activities during the due diligence process. In addition, the Manager must be able to lead and coordinate meetings with Senior management and possess excellent project and process management capabilities. The Manager must have the confidence to build relationships with external advisors. On small to mid-size opportunities, the Manager will take ownership of the entire acquisition process.
- Managing the activities of Business Development Specialists and Analysts.
- Quantitative and qualitative review of new opportunities, overseeing the creation of preliminary review materials, and reviewing the initial assessment efforts of the team.
- Leading the coordination and execution of the due diligence process, compiling and delivering information requested by internal customers, refining analyses with revised or updated information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external advisors, bankers, etc.
- Set the department guidelines for developing, updating and revising internal resources such as tools, templates and models for financial and operational analyses.
- Develop department guidelines for current events monitoring, capturing information on relevant market activity and maintaining internal repositories of historical activity.
- Bachelor's Degree required, concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred
- MBA or other master's degree preferred
- At least 5-7 years of financial analysis experience required
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in leading/managing a team
- Excellent data management and working knowledge base required
- Demonstrated understanding of business operations
- Experience presenting analytical findings required
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, is required
- Must be well organized, attention to detail, and be able to maintain multiple work streams
- Must have critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required
- Must have strong communication and leadership skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential requirement of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other Corporate
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Manager-Business Development
Req ID: 2117598