Associate Principal Scientist - Vaccine Process Development and Commercialization ( MERCUSP-100237en_US)
Our Company has an expansive vaccines portfolio and an exciting pipeline of human health vaccine candidates. This is your chance to join our Vaccine Process Development and Commercialization team in West Point, PA who is inventing for life to deliver our innovative vaccines to the world.
We seek people-oriented leaders with strong scientific and technical skills to lead the development and commercialization activities supporting multiple vaccine programs in late stage development.
What Does the Vaccine Process Development and Commercialization focus on?
The Vaccine Process Development and Commercialization (VPDC) group within our Company's Manufacturing Division focuses on late stage process development, technology transfer, and in-line support of vaccine products (live-attenuated vaccines, inactivated vaccines, subunit, recombinant, polysaccharide, and conjugate vaccines). We are committed to keeping pace with the ever-evolving infectious disease landscape by researching and developing vaccine candidates for important diseases.
Why Join Our Vaccine Process Development and Commercialization Team?
We recruit and develop a diverse team of scientists and engineers driven by dynamic timelines, without compromising speed and quality of work performed. This is an opportunity to work with engaged and passionate professionals on a multidisciplinary team who will support the advancement of your skill sets including:
- Leading process development activities to execute large molecule upstream and/or downstream processing, including lab-scale process development, in-process assay support, and process scale-up/scale-down.
- Collaborating with commercial manufacturing teams to support facility start-up activities and provide on-the-floor support for drug substance manufacturing, both within our Company network and at contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
- Leading assignment execution against accelerated, critical-path timelines in a right-first-time manner.
- Authoring and/or reviewing technical documents to support Process Performance Qualification (PPQ) and licensure.
- Provide mentorship and technical direction to other members of the team which may include dotted-line reporting relationships.
What You’ll Need
- A BS, MS, or PhD in a Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceuticals, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related field
- Large molecule process development or relevant experience, including scaling (up and down), and tech transfer of large molecule drug substance processes.
- Hands-on expertise in execution of process development with multiple programs and unit operations across upstream and/or downstream unit operations.
- Expertise in lab-scale experimental execution, and experience with Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical data analysis, and presentation of results/conclusions.
- Experience authoring technical documentation to support regulatory submissions.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment focused on mentorship, coaching, and Subject Matter Expertise.
- A strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same
This posting has been created to pipeline talent for prospective roles that we anticipate will be needed soon in our organization. By applying to this Pipeline Advertisement, you will be submitting your interest to be contacted for roles similar to what is described in the Pipeline Advertisement.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.