VP, Business Development and Strategy - Intelligence, National Solutions ( R-00069251 )
The National Solutions Operation delivers enterprise IT services, analysis, software development, operations and sustainment, and cloud migration solutions in support of key Intelligence Community customers including NGA, NRO, DIA and DNI.
In this role, you will develop the overall strategy for growth, driving Leidos into new and evolving mission areas, and managing internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing all in partnership with the Operation. You are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. You will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity.
You will manage a team of ~15 BD professionals and capture managers in achievement of the Operations short and long-term business development goals. You will ensure that the Operation maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
- Partner with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and aligning pursuits/capture activities to achieve the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue and move into new strategic markets.
- Investigate and evaluate potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitor the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitor the Operation’s pipeline, establish BD priorities, recommend the allocation of resources and manage new business funds.
- Provide leadership to the BD personnel and serve as a member of the Operations’ leadership team.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the Operations’ priorities.
- Develop and implement the Operations’ strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
- Coordinate with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of Business Development related experience, including 12 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Intel Community organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Intel Community and DoD personnel
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Must have an active TS/SCI.
- Current Polygraph preferred.
- Experience with Intel Community/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $5 billion or greater
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred