Specialist, Business Systems - Cloud C++ Linux Developer (94704)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada's mandate that all federally-regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status, as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Canadian Pacific maintains many data management systems supporting on-line, off-line, and mobile connection methods. These systems are constructed for managing data between CP’s strategic and enterprise applications through common and shared data management services and processes. This position will help ensure an efficient user interface and processing of information.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Responsible for analyzing, constructing, testing, implementing and documenting application software solutions
- Responsible for support of application software solutions in compliance with determined Service Level Agreements
- Responsible for monitoring application software health, ensuring optimal operation and performance throughout the organization’s software asset life cycle
- Responsible for adherence to the organization’s chosen SDLC methodology
- Coach developers on best practices and perform peer review of code.
- Analyzes, designs and documents technical specifications that satisfy validated business requirements;
- Constructs software solutions that strictly comply with technical specifications;
- Creates, executes or participates in all levels of application testing; E.G. Unit, SIT, etc;
- Executes and supports a range of application software deployment types; E.G. from small standalone applications to highly integrated and complex cross-functional software solutions;
- Participate in the on call support rotation;
- Participates in post-implementation assessments of application solutions;
- Participates in reviews of SDLC deliverables and processes to maximize and share learnings with teams;
- Analyzes, modifies and supports legacy and new software applications at all levels of integration and complexity;
- Actively monitors the operating efficiency and stability of systems against determined service level agreements, ensuring optimal usage of the organization’s software assets and its contribution to the organization’s goals;
- Actively maintains system technical documentation ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information;
- Awareness of, and adherence to, best practices for application software development;
- Awareness of, and adherence to, defined support processes (e.g. incident management, change management, etc.);
- Driving the development of system specifications;
- Configuring the software to business requirements;
- Developing and executing tests to confirm the functionality;
- Creating necessary documentation and delivering knowledge transfer sessions;
- Communicating in a team environment.
- Develops and maintains tools and software for multiple Cloud environments
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science or equivalent practical experience;
- 3+ years’ experience delivering technical solutions within a formal Software Development Lifecycle;
- 3+ years’ experience with Testing Strategies and techniques; E.G. Unit, SIT, performance, load, Etc;
- 3+ years’ experience with diagnosing, isolating and debugging software and/or data related problems;
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages and environments:
- Must Have: C++, Linux, SOA, API;
- Should Have: Unit Testing, SQL, GIT, CI/CD Experience, Scripting; IBM MQs;
- Nice to Have: Go, PostgreSQL, AWS, Informix DB; Oracle DB
- Working knowledge and practical experience with Problem Solving techniques;
- Working knowledge and practical experience applying programming best practices;
- Strong root cause analysis skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Team player, skilled at working in a highly collaborative manner;
- A desire to continuously learn;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, addressing different audiences; technical, non-technical and management;
- Ability to coach developers on solution designing, documentation and code reviews.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").