Actuarial Leadership Development Program - Green Bay, WI (106618379)
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 75 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here. And start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
What makes your Actuarial career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Actuaries are the decision-making engine for our business, that is why we support you from day one. We offer a competitive study program with paid time off to study, expense reimbursement for study materials and pay raises for passing exams. Advancement, access to data, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged to do your best. Our businesses serve the entire spectrum of health care participants: individual consumers and employers, commercial payers and intermediaries, physicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and more, providing you with a career that is challenging, exciting, and integral in helping to write the history of our organization.
**This full-time position will be available starting in July 2022**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer relocation assisting for this position**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
- Assist in preparing and submitting commercial rate filings, including Small Group ACA, Large Group, and others
- Assist in developing rate recommendations to internal business leaders
- Provide input on market strategy, including but not limited to competitive analysis, ad hoc actuarial studies, and other market specific projects
- Perform pricing of new products and/or plan designs using the company’s proprietary medical and pharmacy benefit pricing tool
- Perform rate implementation by updating and maintaining the rating systems for both Small Group and Large Group
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or obtained degree within the last 24 months; degree must be obtained prior to start of employment
- Completion of one or more actuarial exams by start of position
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Education in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another related technical field from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Previous actuarial internship or internship in related field
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, including formulas, calculations, pivot tables, charts, graphs, etc.
- Basic level of proficiency with MS Word and MS Access
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Actuarial Leadership Development Program, Green Bay, WI, Wisconsin