Business System Specialist - Success Factors (95331)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Located in Calgary, reporting to the Manager HR Applications, the SAP Business Systems Specialist will gather requirements, analyze, design, estimate, prioritize, build, test, implement and maintain the required functionality within SuccessFactors in support of business processes and procedures.
- To achieve this you will have a minimum of 5 years related SAP SuccessFactors experience, including development and support of Success Factors Total Comp and or Security functionality, business process and procedures analysis, and Success Factors implementation process exposure.
- The Business Systems Specialist will need to have experience in at least one of the SF modules: Onboarding/Recruiting, LMS, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Total Compensation, Security. Must have good understanding of Personal Administration (PA) and all SAP/SF integration points. Knowledge of other SF modules will be considered an asset.
- The Business Systems Specialist is accountable for gathering, understanding and documenting business processes, and the requirements and specifications needed to recommend and implement new solutions that will enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Must have experience in SAP SuccessFactors in one or more of the following modules: Onboarding/Recruiting, LMS, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Total Compensation, Security.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, Commerce/Business Administration or equivalent practical experience
- Strong problem solving skill-set and Go-Getter attitude
- 7+ years of pure Functional Analysis experience with increasing degrees of responsibility
- Proven strong communication skills - both written and oral - with technical and non-technical staff and with management
- Excellent understanding of Success Factors platform design, architecture and release processes
- Knowledge of railway operations and processes an asset
- Understanding of the IT organization’s processes, systems and capabilities
- 7+ years of practical experience with using a wide variety of techniques to elicit requirements (i.e. Research, Verbal protocols, Focus groups, Brainstorming, Interviews, Questionnaires, Prototyping, etc.) and in using a variety of models/diagrams/documents to capture, document and interpret requirements
- Ability to build working relationships and integrate with various teams.
- Ability to multitask and adaptabilty to changing priorities
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Expertise in facilitation, negotiation, gaining consensus and managing conflict of diverse stakeholder groups
- Appreciation and understanding of how to deal with different cultural values and sensitivities and how to work in a virtual work environment
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner.
- Ability to manage client expectations and negotiate win-win solutions
- Maintaining and supporting CP’s SuccessFactors Modules as well as other various HR applicatons
- Exhibit technical experience with SuccessFactors and SAP ECC and ability to guide end users through the process to support users inquiries and requests.
- Have a firm understanding of integrations between SAP ECC and SuccessFactors
- Create, execute and document business analysis activities in the areas of SAP SuccessFactors and other HR applications as directed.
- Provide indepth knowledge SuccessFactors Functionalities to meet business requirements.
- Provide ongoing support maintaince for end users and role management in SuccessFactors including release notes review, analysis and recommendations
- Logging onto CP's issue management system, manage problems and change requests related HR applications, collaborate with the clients and documenting resolution information;
- Provide recommendations on process improvements and system’s gap solution
- Providing system and user problem aid and support to various CP departments and users
- Assess, educate and communicate to the business’ units information relatated to SuccessFactors semiannual upgrades/releases, implementing new functionalities for enhancements. In addition, coordinate testing of SuccessFactors modules durning these times
- Creating and/or updating SuccessFactors configuration and business process procedures documentation
- Developing detailed test plans and scripts for SuccessFactors using Qtest
- Assessing business and application requirements
- Apply a variety of techniques to elicit and gather business and user requirements from stakeholders. Understand business issues and opportunities. Analyze and define both the “As Is” and “To Be” business processes and perform a gap analysis.
- Coordinate diverse groups who contribute to business requirements and build consensus for requirements across the various user groups.
- Capture and document non-functional requirements that are important to the user community (i.e. usability, learnability, reliability). Liaise with architecture to ensure other non-functional requirements are considered (i.e. security, compatibility, maintainability).
- Driving the development of functional and system specifications
- Conducting fit/gap analysis and business process modeling
- Develop diagrams and models (use case, activity diagram, business process models, etc.) and clearly document functional requirements and business rules to describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business and user requirements.
- Developing and executing tests to confirm the functionality
- Support the development of the test strategy and test plans. Ensure traceability of requirements back to business need as well as through to solution and testing. Validate the solution meets the business need and verify it conforms to specifications.
- Creating necessary documentation and delivering knowledge transfer sessions
- Communicating in a team environment
- Translating requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems to technical teams designing and implementing the solution. Assist with creating user guides and training.
Canadian Pacific is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").