Producer Help Desk Leadership Development Program - Roanoke, VA (107407802)
Here’s how to go from hitting the books to changing the world.
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of college. Make a real difference by being part of a company that helps 85 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
Such aspirations attract a certain type of person – Talented, Brilliant, Compassionate & Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here and start doing your life’s best work.
Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel. Great sales are the result of a strong purpose, conviction and pride in your ability and your product.
UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products through two distinct platforms: United HealthCare (health benefits) and Optum (health services). At United HealthCare Medicare & Retirement, we serve the fastest growing segment of our nation's population – 50 and older. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of our 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to strengthen our health care system.
We offer a growth-based culture with extraordinary opportunities and succeed by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors.
**This is a full-time position and starts on June 13th, 2022**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer relocation assistance for this position**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer work visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
- Provide leadership development opportunities to candidates graduating from colleges/universities.
- To be innovative in the way we approach roles within the organization and challenge the status quo
- Develop bench strength within the organization
- Develop future leaders within our organization
Length of the Program:
- Development Program – 18 Months
- 70% In our Business | 30% Organizational Enrichment
- June – September: Sales Support Training, Up-Skilling, and Learning from Others
- October – December: 100% focus on the Producer Help Desk job role (AEP – Annual Enrollment Period, also known as our sales busy season)
- January – September: Development Stage
- On the Job Learning and On the Job Training and Education
- 70% focus on the Producer Help Desk job role (AEP)
- 30% Organizational Enrichment
- Bench Strengths within UHC, Common Language of Leadership Competencies, UHC Corporate Focus and Networking, Personal Career Development and UHC Values
- October – December 100% focus on the Producer Help Desk job role (AEP)
- January – Graduation from the program
- Employees can remain in their Producer Help Desk role or apply within UHC
UHC Model – To help increase an employee’s knowledge and ability and help them gain marketable skills.
Experience – 70% “On the Job Learning”
- Challenging assignments
- Increasing scope
- Representing the organization
- Building client and stakeholder relationships
- Working on a cross-functional team
- Leading within a group of people
Exposure – 20% “Learning from Others”
- Job shadowing
Education – 10% “On the Job Training and Education”
- University programs / Tuition reimbursement
- Gain company and industry knowledge
- Enhance communication and presentation skills
- Learn and understand different work styles
- Learn and live our corporate culture and values
- Access a very comprehensive repository of online self-development tools and resources
- Common Language of Leadership
- Videos (e.g., Ted Talks)
- Business Book Summaries, Article, or White Papers
- Currently in final year of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree (or obtained degree no longer than 24 months prior to position start date, from an accredited college/university). Bachelor’s Degree must be obtained prior to start of employment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered).
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Previous work or volunteer experience in sales, customer service, health care, or health insurance
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Producer Help Desk Development Program, Roanoke, VA