Specialist, Business Intelligence Developer - Calgary
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Canadian Pacific is hiring an experienced SAP BI HANA/BO Developer with extensive SAP SAP HANA Data modeling , SAP Business Objects (Web Intelligence & Design Studio), & SAP BW experience. This individual will participate in developing business intelligence solutions that collect, analyze, and present information to the business, and subsequently develop the solution to address the business requirements.
- On-call support for the BW/HANA/BO applications.
- Responsible for successful delivery of functional and technical components of Business Intelligence (BI) reporting solutions using SAP BW,SAPBW4HANA,SAP HANA Platform
- Primary responsibilities include reviewing requirements, creating technical specifications, developing artifacts in BW & HANA
- Other responsibilities include supporting and maintaining SAP BW system, SQL programming (Stored Procedure, functions, views)
- Responsible for defining and documenting business requirements.
- Develop functional and technical specifications to meet business requirements.
- Perform development to provide solutions addressing specific business needs.
- Responsible for root cause analysis on production issues.
- Responsible for the implementation of solutions to resolve production defects.
- Provide project support within the HANA models, BW,Business Objects..
- Assess business requirements & processes and provide recommendations on optimal solutions that will best serve the business needs.
- Provide end user support and training.
- 10-12 years of IT experience;
- 5-6 years of experience in SAP BW 7.5 and BW4HANA;
- 5-6 years experience in HANA Modelling;
- 2-3 years eperience in SAP Analytics cloud;
- Well versed with HANA Studio, Scripting and Modelling;
- Proficient in HANA SQL Script, database design;
- Experience with HANA life cycle Management;
- Strong Hands on experience in HANA modelling (Star Joins, Calculation Views, functions,Procedures.) Graphical & Scripted views;
- Experienced with SAP HANA security Models;
- Expert Knowledge on SAP HANA performance Optimization;
- Excellent understanding of the In-memory columnar database functionality;
- Strong expertise in database performance tuning as well as optimizing SQL queries;
- Experience with the architecture, design, development, testing & deployment artifacts in HANA;
- Experience with multiple relational, dimensional databases is desired;
- ETL processes using SAP SDI/SDI/Data Services Replication;
- Deep understanding of SAP ECC & SAP TM applications;
- Experience in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) versions 7.x and higher;
- 5-6 years of experience with ABAP;
- Experience in creating SAP HANA information models such as Procedure and Hana Views;
- Ability to gather, review business requirements. Interpret these into an architectural design and information model in SAP HANA environment;
- Minimum of 5 years’ Experience with BI reporting using;
-Qlikview is an advantage;
-SAP Analytics Cloud;
- Strong experience in understanding of business users expectations.
- Experienced in creating technical design documents from the functional specification documents.
- Capability to provide high level and detail estimates.
- Proven track record in designing and delivering complex Reporting solutions for large organizations.
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of the Railway business is preferable.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Business Intelligence technical experience.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").