2023 Full-Time Accounting Development Program- New Jersey
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The BMS ADP is a 3 year program where recent or soon to be college graduates with a bachelor’s degree in accounting (college senior on track to graduate in the next year or those pursuing a masters program and graduating in the next year) can gain significant invaluable work experience while receiving a salary and benefits package that is fully competitive with Big 4 Accounting Firms. ADP accounts are provided opportunities to work three separate one-year rotations in the following BMS Finance departments in central New Jersey:
• Global Internal Audit (“GIA”)
• Consolidations and Financial Reporting (“CFR”)
• Technical Accounting & Policy (“TAP”)
• US Pharmaceuticals (“USP”) Finance
• Research & Development (“R&D”) Finance, Medical or OPEX
• Global Product Development and Supply Chain (“GPS”)
• Business Controls Function (“BCF”)
• Treasury Operations
• Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (“CFP&A”)
ADP Accountants will report to the ADP Program Executive Director throughout their 3 year program. ADP Accountants will also receive coaching from Rotational Sponsors and Mentors within the BMS Global Finance Community. Upon successful completion of the three- year program, qualified ADP Accountants will continue in a permanent role within the BMS Global Finance community that aligns their specific area of expertise, interests and career aspirations based on the various roles BMS Finance has available at that time.
Upon successful completion of the three-year program, qualified ADP Accountants will continue in a permanent role within the BMS Global Finance community that aligns their specific area of expertise, interests and career aspirations based on the various roles BMS Finance has available at that time.
• Opportunity to work in a team environment and matrix organization to grow communication and interaction skills
• One-on-one coaching and guidance provided by ADP Program Executive Director as well as Rotational sponsors and mentors
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally while on rotation with the BMS Global Internal Audit group performing internal audits of various BMS foreign markets and business units
• Ability to continually grow accounting skills through analyzing, assessing and concluding upon accounting issues
• Opportunity to learn various accounting and budgeting systems like SAP, Cadency, Tableau and Hyperion.
• Development of analytical skills through review of income statement and cash flow projections as compared to actual financial results
• Development of US GAAP technical accounting skills through on the job training delivered by the BMS Technical Accounting Network (TAN)
• Ability to work in the BMS GPS, R&D and USP business units to gain operational experience outside of a traditional corporate accounting role as well as CFP&A.
• Opportunity for networking and relationship building throughout the ADP program
• Participate in BMS employee social and philanthropic activities like Town Hall Events, Community Service Events, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
• A recent or soon to be received (i.e. a college senior on track to graduate in the next year or those pursuing a masters program and graduating in the next year) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution with a strong GPA.
• A US citizen or permanent US resident
• Possess the desire to work for a leader in the BioPharma industry
• Strong analytical skills and understanding of data analytics
• Thorough understanding of US GAAP and its application
• Confident and clear communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively both independently and while collaborating with small team(s)
• Demonstrated ability to swiftly grasp new and complex business concepts
• Strong skills in Microsoft EXCEL, POWERPOINT, WORD and TEAMS.
• Must possess the desire and motivation to become a CPA and have a specific plan to obtain their CPA license during their time as an ADP.
• Possess the desire and interest in achieving a long term - career path in Accounting / Finance at BMS
• Possess cohesive writing skills
• Ability to multi-task appropriately and adequately manage their time on a daily basis for both shorter term and longer-term tasks assigned
• Leadership potential and a commitment
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.