Business Support Specialist - Telecommute - Tennessee
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the Behavioral Health Team in delivery of behavioral health programs, products, and deliverables. The Business Support Specialist should be able to coordinate and complete multiple projects across various functional areas.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8am - 5pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and can adjust your scheduled based on business needs. It may be necessary to work weekends and after business hours. Our office is located at 10 Cadillac Drive, Brentwood, TN.
If you are located in the State of Tennessee and within a commutable distance to 10 Cadillac Drive, Brentwood, TN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and present training on new programs
- Work independently; work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Plan, prioritize, organize, and complete work to meet established objectives
- Serve as a resource to others and may coordinate the work of other team members
- Apply knowledge/skills to a range of moderately complex activities
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise, and judgment
- Proactively identify solutions to non-standard requests and solve moderately complex problems on own
- Work collaboratively with the Tennessee Health Plan
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Create/maintain calendars/coordinate meetings avoiding scheduling conflicts
- Host, and/or facilitate meetings/external events as needed (e.g., introduce speakers; manage PowerPoint deck; ensure time schedules are adhered to; assist with technology; take notes)
- Compile, prepare, format, and/or integrate the information needed to complete reports and documents (e.g., proposals; letters; spreadsheets; reports) needed for various audiences (e.g., executive leadership; internal and external business partners), working to ensure that all information is appropriate to the audience, complete/accurate, and compliant (e.g., with external/internal regulations and protocols)
- Work cross-functionally and coordinate with others internally or externally to gather information; overcome challenges to obtaining needed information
- Provide input for and/or create supporting documentation (e.g., project plan; presentation materials) for special projects
- Review prepared documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- This position may require cross-training with other positions and provide coverage for internal team members as needed
- Adhere to applicable internal and external/governmental guidelines and requirements (e.g., legal, regulatory compliance)
- Review and/or update policies and procedures
- Educate internal team members on applicable changes, relevant policies, and/or procedures
- Perform other related functions as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience working with the complexities of a multi-tiered managed care organization
- Proficient (or higher) level of experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, & Outlook) including the ability to edit, create, save, and send spreadsheets and documents
- Proficient with relevant computer systems and platforms and ability to operate and integrate those systems (Intranet, Internet, Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx)
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must reside in the State of Tennessee and at a commutable distance to 10 Cadillac Drive, Brentwood, TN
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ year of experience with Medicare and/or Medicaid
- Experience with writing and submitting regulatory reports
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Understanding of applicable business departments' operations, drivers, and/or procedures
- Understanding of fundamental behavioral health-care-related terminology, programs, and/or services
- Understanding of relevant federal and state regulatory guidelines (e.g., CMS, NCQA, HIPAA)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and ability to self-direct
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to work in multiple systems and applications to complete daily tasks
- Understanding grammar rules and how to construct clear sentences
Physical and Work Environment:
Frequent speaking, using hands to conduct outbound calls, sitting and standing, getting in and out of vehicle repetitively, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.