2023 Full-Time Accounting Development Program- Tampa, FL
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The BMS ADP is a 3-year program where recent college graduates or soon to be graduates (college senior on track to graduate in the next year)with a bachelor’s degree in accounting can gain significant and invaluable work experience while receiving a salary and benefits package that is competitive with Big 4 Accounting Firms. ADP accountants are assigned three separate one-year rotations in various BMS Finance departments located in Tampa. Possible placements include the following:
- Treasury Accounting
- Record to Report
- Global Internal Audit
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Order to Cash
ADP Accountants will report to the Tampa ADP Program Director throughout their 3-year program. ADP accountants will also receive coaching from rotational sponsors and mentors within the BMS Global Finance Community. Upon successful completion of the 3-year program, qualified ADP accountants will continue in a permanent role within the BMS Global Finance community that aligns their specific area of expertise, interests, and career aspirations based on BMS Finance roles available at that time of program completion.
Program Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to work in a team environment and matrix organization to grow communication and interpersonal skills
- One-on-one coaching and guidance provided by Tampa ADP Program Director as well as rotational sponsors and mentors
- Ability to continually grow accounting skills through analyzing, assessing and concluding upon accounting issues
- Opportunity to learn various accounting and budgeting systems such as SAP, Cadency, Tableau and Hyperion.
- Development of US GAAP technical accounting skills through on-the-job training delivered by the BMS Technical Accounting Network (TAN)
- Opportunity for networking and relationship building throughout the ADP program
- Participate in BMS employee social and philanthropic activities like Town Hall Events, Community Service Events, etc.
Essential Skills and Experiences
- A recent or soon to be received (i.e. a college senior on track to graduate in the next year) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution with a strong GPA.
- A US citizen or permanent US resident
- Possess the desire to work for a leader in the BioPharma industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Excel/Word/PowerPoint. Possess the desire and motivation to become a CPA
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally while on rotation with the BMS Global Internal Audit group performing internal audits of various BMS foreign markets and business units
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and execute based on that prioritization
- Quick Learner: Able to identify risk and quickly develop an understanding of complex processes. Works effectively in ambiguous situations and adapts quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Action-Oriented: Pursues tasks with a sense of urgency. Shows accountability by taking ownership of assigned responsibilities and completing them on time, with the highest quality.
- Critical Thinking: Gathers relevant information and critically evaluates it to define next steps and propose a solution.
- Effective Communicator: Displays excellent ability to communicate across various levels of management, including verbal and written communication.
- Team Player: Works well in a team environment, fostering inclusion and building effective relationships with both team members and customers.
- Development-Oriented: Committed to and actively works toward continuous improvement, including self-development.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.