Business Support Specialist II
Work Where it Matters
Akima Systems Engineering (ASE), an Akima company, is not just another federal systems support contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ASE, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, ASE provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, ASE delivers solutions in maritime IT, systems engineering, and integration across the Department of Defense and stands ready to help improve operational performance at a reasonable and sustainable cost.
As an ASE employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
The Natural Hazards Mission Area (NHMA) of the U.S. Geological Survey develops and applies hazard science to help protect the safety, security, and economic well-being of the Nation. We maintain an expert workforce of scientists and technicians in the earth sciences, hydrology, biology, geography, social and behavioral sciences, and other fields, and engage cooperatively with numerous agencies, research institutions, and organizations in the public and private sectors, across the Nation and around the world. The purpose of this task order is to provide services related to this work and their missions. Akima Systems Engineering is looking for a Business Support Specialist II to assist in completing the below tasks.
- Able to use legible penmanship, language, and punctuation on all forms of correspondence with internal and external customers. Communication is to be clear and concise with little or no grammatical errors. Performance will be monitored by monthly review of approximately ten samples pulled from email responses and detailed documentation located in vendor files or staff email folders.
- Able to assist Mission Area administrative employees with government purchase card reconciliation for Mission Area employees, annotate discrepancies and communicate findings. If needed, able to enter expenditure adjustments into The Federal Business Management System.
- Able to adjust employee labor hours and operational expenditures in The Federal Business Management System when directed by the Senior Managment Officer.
- Able to compile financial data into an Excel spreadsheet. The data will be used to assist the Senior Management Officer in making financial decisions.
- Able to provide support to Mission Area Employees with travel voucher processing in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations.
- Able to assist Senior Mangement Officer with administrative tasks such as filling out required documents for position description classification and assist with the assembly of vacancy announcements.
- Able to assist Senior Budget Analyst with compiling a variety of financial data into a predetermined format on a weekly basis. Additionally, will identify significant anomalies such as large decreases/increases in obligations, commitments, and expenditures.
- Able to conduct analysis of identified changes and report this to the Senior Budget Analyst.
- Proficient to meet agreed upon scheduled dates.
- Proficient ability to submit all deliverables on time as specified and agreed upon.
- Possess bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience compiling financial data into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Experience with The Federal Business Management System.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Life, Physical & Social Science
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASE00610