Antarctic Program Human Resource Business Partner ( R-00052595 )
Where in the world is there a lake that is so salty that it cannot freeze? Where in the world does the sun not set for months? Where in the world does the coolest (literally) scientific research take place? Antarctica, of course! Based full-time in Centennial (Denver), CO, but with opportunity to deploy to Antarctica for up to 4 - 6 weeks each year, the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) HR Business Partner will work with a team who support a virtual workforce across multiple locations in the United States and Antarctica. Key responsibilities include working with leadership to develop programs by identifying HR strategies that support near and long-term business objectives.
- The successful candidate will identify opportunities for HR to engage effectively with management, demonstrate HR value by aligning to business objectives, and support change management activities.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coaching and consulting; developing selection and retention strategies; and delivering on HR programs (e.g. Performance Management, Talent Management, Compensation, Rewards and Recognition, Compliance, etc).
- The successful candidate must be proactive in identifying resources/strategies and formulating actionable recommendations/options for leadership.
- Must be able to effectively influence and communicate.
- This position will work with Corporate Centers of Expertise (COEs) and other functions needed to support the assigned client base.
- The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, perform in-depth analysis of programs and policies, and possess the interpersonal skills necessary to interact with employees, and all levels of leadership.
- They must be highly ethical, responsive to client needs, demonstrate strong business acumen, and maintain customer satisfaction levels regarding HR support.
- Prior HRBP or Center of Expertise (COE) experience
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, partnering, and influencing
- Ability to build and leverage enduring relationships
- Demonstrated experience in conducting investigations to include information and data gathering, analyzing information, and validating conclusions
- Experience leading a workforce through a changing environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills using HR applications (Workday and Deltek), HR reporting and Microsoft office Training background preferred
- Highly effective communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a remote/virtual environment
- Prior experience supporting a Service Contract Act (SCA) Wage Determined (WD) workforce preferred
- Prior experience providing HR support to an expatriate population preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 - 8 years of experience.