Development Lead / Architect (DHMSM Program) ( R-00050714 )
Leidos is seeking a Development Lead / Architect to join the engineering team and support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern Electronic Health Record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking a candidate to support a number of tasks to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Provide leadership to an existing development team, a mix of two sub-teams, one focused on interface development using the Lyniate Rhapsody platform and the other team doing custom development using a variety of languages (python, java, etc.). This is a technical leadership role but the candidate should have the requisite background to step in for a developer if necessary
- Responsibility for day-to-day tasking and oversight of the team, resource management, estimating and scheduling new work, and solution architecture.
- Provide leadership to design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) support for systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases, as well as leadership support to technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance as required.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Manage system implementation and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Supervise software configuration management.
- BS Degree required and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Prior experience in a Lead Development/Architect role, and a deep understanding of multiple software development methodologies, including testing.
- Experience with EHR system infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with Lyniate Rhapsody or a comparable HL7-based interface engine
- Healthcare interface development background
- HL7 v2, v3, FHIR experience
- Experience troubleshooting deployed IT systems, including database
- Familiarity with Cerner OpenLINK