Business Consulting – Specialist, Lean Operations and Governance ( MERCUSR115090ENUS)
Our Company is a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
The vision for the Global Workplace and Enterprise Services (GWES) organization based in Pennsylvania is to improve patient’s lives by providing world-class facility services & solutions that enable innovative research, medicines, & vaccines. Our Company's Production Systems is an integrated production system for how we design, manage, and continuously improve our operations and supporting business processes, enabled through the development of our people. Under the supervision of the Director – Process Excellence & Strategy Operations, this new position will be responsible for driving improvement in the operating systems, management systems, and mindsets, behaviors and capabilities of Pennsylvania Global Workplace and Enterprise Services.This position provides a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their engineering and operational excellence skills by improving key operations in support of critical site research and manufacturing functions while gaining experience in site services, maintenance, and utilities. Position Description:This position provides a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their engineering and operational excellence skills by improving key operations in support of critical site research and manufacturing functions while gaining experience in site services, maintenance, and utilities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and deploy structured strategic plan to support adoption of lean principles to successfully realize transformation and the long-term vision for Global Workplace and Enterprise Services.
- Develop realization metrics, track realization, report realization, and ensure execution of project/program is delivering business realization goals.
- Identify, prioritize, and champion improvement projects to improve process efficiency, reduce process variability, and eliminate waste.
- Consult and coach teams on change activities where needed and coordinate change efforts with other teams
- Work with departmental stakeholders to ensure that the learnings are effective and drive the right behaviors that are sustained.
- Work with leadership to gain the appropriate level of sponsorship to ensure that the learnings embed themselves into our culture.
- Capital/Expense Planning and Management: Acts as liaison to the project execution teams of approved projects; ensures activities/initiatives align with current capital/expense allocations. Communicate updates to project sponsors and area owners.
- Undergraduate in Science or Engineering or Similar
- A minimum of 2 years of Lean program management working experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Strong relationship building to fit with leadership team and support staff
- Statistical Math skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Energetic self-starter with demonstrated ability to thrive and lead in a complex and ambiguous environment of a global matrixed organization
- Lean Six Sigma certifications; e.g. Greenbelt
- Familiarity with Building Automation Systems (BAS) or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Project management, start-up & commissioning, and utilities / automation systems
- Familiarity with PLC and controls.
- Familiarity with rotating equipment and basic utility systems
- Minimum of 1 year experience using Maximo, Procal, SAP and\or other Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Preferred experience within a biopharmaceutical laboratory / facilities environment
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1