Domestic Program Business Underwriter (336678)
Senior Underwriter – Chubb Global Casualty, Domestic Program Business
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Formerly ACE Risk Management, CGC is the largest operating division in Chubb Major Accounts; our focus is Fortune 1,000 companies with risk taking appetites. We offer customized & complex primary loss sensitive programs tailored to our client’s business needs and operations.
Chubb Global Casualty (CGC) Domestic is looking for an applicant to fill the position of Senior Underwriter for our New York Branch with a focus on large/complex Program business. While this underwriter will be a member of the New York Branch, the primary work location is flexible. Classes of business included within the Programs group may include but are not limited to: Sports Leagues, Rental Car Business and PEO’s. The core lines of business include: Workers Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability.
The Senior Underwriter will:
- Handle day-to-day servicing for our large, complex, loss-sensitive Programs business
- Be responsible for the growth and retention of assigned book.
- Negotiate the annual pricing, terms and conditions on renewal business.
- Work on new business opportunities with key brokerage houses in the NY Metro Region, design and propose appropriate program structures and pricing for said opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with their brokers and clients.
- Working in a team environment with all facets of our internal network (Actuarial, Credit, Legal, Home Office, and other internal disciplines).
- Develop a pipeline with our major trading partners, as well as engaging other business units for cross-selling opportunities.
- Meeting service standards of a customer focused strategy
- Learn in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5+ years underwriting experience including time spent in the primary casualty, loss-sensitive space
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suit
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Local broker and insurance marketplace relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
- Understanding and adherence to organization and regulatory rules and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
- Underwriting of Workers Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability insurance coverage, terms and conditions – included but not limited to ISO AL & GL and NCCI WC coverage forms and endorsements.
- Understanding of large deductible programs and the credit and collateral implications of such programs.
- Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and hazard analysis. Ability to analyze claims and loss trends.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.