Business Development Specialist (337203)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Job Summary: In conjunction with Business Development Managers, Regional Business Development Manager and Business Development Leads, the Business Development Specialist is responsible for developing and achieving the overall premium growth and profit objectives for the assigned customers/territory by executing on Westchester business-development strategies, growing and managing a successful wholesale exclusive distribution force and being creatively-opportunistic in the marketplace.
The position is entry level with the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Target candidate minimum requirements:
- 4 year college degree or related business experience
- Exceptional verbal and written skills; listening skills and virtual presentation skills (webinar)
- Effectively utilizes available office technology and internet applications
- Insurance and/or prior sales experience a plus but not necessary. We will train the right person.
- Minimum number of outgoing phone calls along with completed business conversations
- Understand specific industry characteristics of each segment including key needs and buying patterns and use effectively in positioning our products, platform, and services.
- Own responsibility for managing assigned distribution.
- Establish strong customer relationships through high frequency of telephonic customer contact, clear knowledge of company strategy and joint sales planning.
- Help facilitate working relationships between distribution resources and Underwriters
- Maintain superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with local market trends
- Effectively articulate and position the Westchester value proposition
- Work collaboratively with other business units to remove roadblocks and administrative obstacles to ensure agents and brokers see Westchester as easy to do business with.
- Resolves distributor problems and complaints.
- Communicates to management and underwriting the specific needs and requirements of our customers
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.