Lead Specialist - Learning and Development, Consulting (23314)
- Bringing out the leader in every person
- A holistic approach to development that emphasizes not just education, but also self-awareness, exposure to real-world problems, and connections to people
- Positioning our people to help tackle some of the most complex issues in business, our communities and society at large.
Work you'll do
- Oversee and drive communications curriculum inclusive of design, delivery, and assessment for professionals.
- Partner with business and L&D leaders to define communication priorities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to find creative learning solutions to everyday communication and professional development needs.
- Design and develop formal and informal content (e.g., podcast, video, job aids/resource materials) for communication programs and other learning-led programs.
- Dynamic understanding of learning methodology and adult learner motivation to effectively market, build rapport, and promote adoption of custom learning and level-specific programs.
- Deliver in-person targeted professional development/communication learning sessions.
- Provide 1:1 coaching support to professionals on targeted communication needs.
- Advise on learning logistics (e.g., registration, scheduling preparation) of courses being delivered.
- Guide practitioners with communication and professional development resources available to them across Deloitte.
- Update content on communication program assets (e.g., website).
You'll be working on the Consulting Talent Development team, within the Development Center of Excellence (COE). The Development COE delivers business-focused, efficient and innovative learning and development programs and experiences, thoughtfully designed to help our professionals best serve at every stage of their career. Through the work of this COE, development at Deloitte is not just about education - development is a vital part of Deloitte's leadership culture.
- Bachelor's Degree; Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to manage multiple, often senior, stakeholders and build consensus
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects successfully
- Strong strategic-thinking skills with an ability to collaborate with team members on best practices
- Proven team leadership skills
- Established track record for taking a consultative approach toward clients
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels in the organization with the ability to influence, collaborate, and build consensus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills and ability to produce deliverables that carry a "stamp of excellence."
- In Excel, aggregate data, conduct complex analysis and display results visually
- In PowerPoint, translate data into insights and tell a logically structured, succinct, and compelling story tailored to your audience; convey clear and easily actionable recommendations
- In Word, create clear, concise communications with a user-friendly layout conducive to cognition.
• Prior consulting or professional services experience
• Advanced degree in training and development, human resources development, education, organizational psychology or related field
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.