Consulting Lead Learning and Development Specialist, Temporary Talent Workforce (32438)
- Bringing out the leader in every person
- A holistic approach to development that emphasizes not just education, but also self-awareness, exposure to real-world problems, and connections to people
- Positioning our people to help tackle some of the most complex issues in business, our communities, and society at large
The Consulting Learning & Development COE team focuses on a variety of development priorities that cover cross-consulting, level, and Offering Portfolio / Offering specific programs. Our work holistically enables practitioners to gain knowledge, build skills and sustain desired behavior changes with foundational focus on our Core Capabilities. This can include a range of solutions including developmental resources, guidance and tools, inspirational/engaging marketing and communications, formal and informal learning, and additional practitioner support.
Through the work of this COE, development at Deloitte is not just about education - development is a vital part of Deloitte's leadership culture.
Serve as a Lead Specialist for the Human Capital (HC) Offering Portfolio and support the vision and execution of learning and development for HC practitioners. This will require close partnership with the business including HC Offering Learning Champions, Talent Group Leaders, Offering L&D practitioner teams, and Chiefs of Staff. Additionally, you will partner across the Development COE to collaborate and share best practices across other Competencies and Offering Portfolios. You will often partner with our Learning Design Services team to manage the design and development of learning materials, and with the Delivery team to ensure the seamless deployment of learning programs.
In addition to serving as the Lead Specialist for the HC Offering Portfolio, you will also support the new Analyst-level milestone program, which is currently in the design phase and will be piloted at Deloitte University in January 2022. You will play a key role in program design and development, as well as the planning and delivery elements of the pilot. You will collaborate with other members of the Analyst Pod, which supports Analyst-level programming such as new-hire onboarding programs, intern trainings, and continuous learning and engagement for Analysts in their first couple of years in role.
Key Skillsets: This role requires someone who excels in learning design and development, and who can confidently project manage, communicate effectively and partner with stakeholders across the business. Candidates must be able to manage up and report issues requiring support, operate with agility, and be solution-oriented. Candidates must thrive in a team-oriented, collaboration-based environment where ideating and innovating to tackle big challenges are the norm. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support learning and development for HC practitioners: Collaborate with HC Offering Portfolio Leadership to ensure business learning needs are met for their population. This could include:
- Advising on L&D best practices and facilitating conversations around learning needs for the various HC populations
- Advising on business-led programs and partnering with the Delivery team to successfully execute programs
- Partnering with the Learning Design Services team to deliver solutions that meet business needs
- Managing the New Course Request (NCR) process with input from business stakeholders as needed
- Vetting and facilitating approval for various external (vendor) learning programs and certifications for HC practitioners
- Managing the annual learning budget and invoicing process for HC learning expenses
- Creating and curating content in Cura for online, self-paced learning
- Communicating L&D updates and highlights with the HC practice via quarterly newsletters
- Supporting other HC-specific L&D requests as they arise
- Assist in the design, development, and planning of the new, cross-consulting Analyst milestone program. You will collaborate with a team of designers, members of the Analyst Pod, the Delivery team, Learning Design Services team, Talent professionals, and senior leaders from the business to create and deliver a live pilot of the new program in January 2022. Support for this initiative could include, but is not limited to:
- Advising on L&D best practices, especially the learning needs and styles of Generation Z practitioners
- Collaborating across the Development COE to determine key skillsets and capabilities required for Analysts to excel on their projects
- Leveraging existing content and creating new content to address learning needs
- Recruiting and training coaches and facilitators to deliver the program content
- Developing compelling communications to promote the new program and drive registration and participation
- Creating and curating content in Cura to enhance the live milestone program with self-paced, continuous learning
- Bachelor's Degree; Minimum 4 years of related experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong strategic-thinking skills with an ability to collaborate with team members on best practices
- Strong ability to influence and engage stakeholders without direct authority
- Sound core consulting and project management skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills